BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, 13 May 2010

Circus Sport Challenge

From Monday 10th May to Wednesday 12th May, Balmoral School had the opportunity to take part in the Circus Sport Challenge. The two instructors, Phil and Richie showed us some awesome tricks on the spinning sticks, spinning plates and diablo. We were all eager to learn new tricks. On Tuesday our class were lead to the hall to do just that. The purpose of these activities were to develop our hand-eye coordination skills in a fun way. First up we had a go with the spinning sticks.

Richie showed us some simple tricks to get us started. It looked hard so I was surprised when I actually managed to throw it up and catch it. Next was the spinning plates. I only managed to spin it once! I looked around enviously at the plates spinning round and round madly. The last activity was the diablo, which we were told has been around for many years and originated in China. Getting it spinning on the ground was the easy part. It was impossible to throw it up in the air and catch it… or so I thought. I was astonished by how my classmates got it up after only a couple of tries. Unfortunately, I wasn’t so lucky. Overall, we all had great fun and it was a wonderful experience.

By Jade Xiao
(click on photos to enlarge)


12 comments:

Jess said...

Nice Jade =)

Mona said...

I thought the cicus challenge was fun too, it took a while for me to do it but i eventually did it. Also I could throwthe the sticks up and catch it easily, im good!

Jess said...

The stick thing was my favourite!!!

matt p(the awesome one) said...

The circus sport was so fun I bought a diabolo

Katie said...

Circus sport was so fun i saw some awesome tricks. And I my fav. one was.... the sticks they were sooo fun I got to flip them or throw it in the air and more. So i guess i liked it alot. :)

Unknown said...

I liked the diablo The best. I want to buy one :D

Cate said...

I liked the circus challenge because it was fun and couldn't do most of the stuff so it was funny

Polly said...

The circus challenge sounds really cool!!!!
I wish I was there!!!!!!!!

REUBEN!! said...

this was so fun! i liked the diablo thing. Richie and Phil (or bill i forget) were cool

Jess said...

Yeah, it's Phil.

The Best Matt said...

i loved the circus challenge it was so fun i learn't new tricks and learn't how to use the circus things.

Claudia said...

The circus challenge thing was cool